Thursday, December 6, 2012

Privacy and Confidentiality


I believe the terms privacy and confidentiality have erased from our dictionaries nowadays. For one thing, things used to be much more private. But now that new media is getting more and more advanced, people are opening up to the new media community in many ways. For example, people constantly post statuses and pictures of every detail in their lives, living nothing mysterious or unknown. People even geo - tag their locations, telling everyone exactly where they are at every step they take. I definitely believe this is an issue, but I admit I take part in a lot of new media therefore I would be a hypocrite to say sharing is an issue. But I do believe there is a limit to what we share! Some things are private and do not need to be shared. Thankfully, so far I haven't heard many negative effects on privacy and confidentiality but I think that everyone should think twice before posting pictures or statuses.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. There should be a limit to what we share. There are just somethings better left unsaid. I really don't want to see pictures of your friend vomiting. Ya know! I can't stand those immature pictures and drama statuses. But i guess it can be entertaining on some level. It's just really crazy how people post their entire life story on social media. I would never.

    ReplyDelete